Friday, September 18, 2009

Quote

I pulled a book of the shelf today, opened it up and here is the underlined quote that I read:

"These children are dear to Me. Be a mother to them, and more than a mother. Watch over them tenderly, be just and kind. If thy heart is not large enough to embrace them, I will enlarge it after a pattern of My own. If these young children are docile and obedient, bless Me for it; if they are froward, call upon Me for help; if they weary thee, I will be thy consolation; if thou sink under thy burden, I will be thy Reward."

This was written on a card and pasted in the front of Amy Carmichael's Bible. Just thought I would share with you today. :-) (The book is A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael by Elisabeth Elliot.)

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow.

I think maybe I'll write that in permanent marker on my forehead...or perhaps theirs.

Thanks for that today, Tonya!

Fruitful Vine Lady said...

Great quote, Tonya. Such a wonderful reminder. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Tonya

Bob and Claire said...

That book was very challenging to me when I read it a few years ago. I need to reread it. I thought Elisabeth Elliot did an excellent job in writing about Amy's life and motivations.

Anonymous said...

ooh, I keep wanting to get that book. thanks for the quote.....good stuff! I need those every so frequent reminders. Thanks!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I love that quote! It should be in every school and childcare place! And it should be at my house. (: THanks Tonya. I love that book too.
Dawn