Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I keep thinking of things to post here, but I've been a bit busy the past couple weeks. Someone called me a "type A personality" today. I think she may have been a bit too correct.

I just have a little rant and then I need to get to bed. I was watching one of these house buying shows tonight and it made me MAD! This couple, just TWO people, were buying a house in Oregon. A SECOND house. They currently live in New Mexico - in a home with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, etc. They want a vacation home in Oregon, so they can live by the beach sometimes. Why do I care? Only because they went on and on and on about how "environmental" they were. WHAT? Seriously? Just because you buy "green" appliances does NOT make you environmental. People rip on big families because we're so hard on the environment, but these people recycle, so they're ok? Whatever. Two homes - two fairly LARGE homes (one they looked at was 1700 square feet - for TWO people). And how are they going to get back and forth from New Mexico to Oregon? I'm sure it requires fuel of some sort. Oh, wait, maybe they BUY carbon offsets so that makes it all ok. GRRRR.

OK, done ranting. I don't know why this ticked me off, but I just had to say something. :-) Thanks for checking in here and listening to my rant! :-)

3 comments:

Tricia said...

those shows make me so mad sometimes. They're always throwing out old appliances for 'green' ones. Because filling our landfills with perfectly good appliances in order to replace them with new 'green' ones is good for the environment?

lifebythehandful said...

We watched a show where a couple bought a 2600 sf second home in wine country for 1.8 million. I was mad too, not because they were claiming to be something they were not or because they drove gross polluters, but just because I was insanely jealous. :)

The Whites said...

our next door neighbors are the same way! They even have 2 hybrid cars! I don't know why all the "green" stuff bothers me so much... maybe just because its annoying and everyone thinks they are better people for doing it.