Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Boys II
Apparently I've become very adept at ignoring my boys and their "boyishness". Last night, we were getting a bedtime snack. Joseph was getting his pajamas on in the boys room. Since David and he are unable to get along very well, and Little Bit was already asleep, we had David come into the kitchen to get his pajamas on. David threw his pajamas on the counter (they landed on a dirty griddle) and I was picking them off and straightening them. It barely even registered when David pulled his underwear down, bent over, faced his bum to me, grabbed the sides of his bum and said "pssss". Then he stood up, pulled his underwear up, turned to me with a HUGE grin on his face and said, "Ha ha, I sprayed stinky skunk on you!" At this point, it finally registered just what he had been doing. I tried to not laugh too hard, looked at Dawn and she just said, "Joseph does that ALL the time in the basement. He even did it once when we had company." So, if you've ever been sprayed by a stinky skunk in my house, I apologize! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness! What little imps!
Of course I'm laughing my head off, but you don't have to tell them that :-)
LOL!!! That is too funny!!
Boys do have such a different way of looking at the world, don't they?
tell me ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL about it. jeepers. at least you have some girls to balance things out!!! Many, many times I have had that exact same view (generally with different vocals--my kids like to sing rather than make skunk spraying noises, and tell me their bum holes just sang to me...), and I hardly notice anymore. What are you going to do, smack em? you have to pick your battles, and the more you pay attention to stuff like that, the more you see it!!
Hang in there with the school stuff. why don't you read a few new homeschooling books? there are different theories and styles out there, you just need some ideas! And maybe some style tweaking. if you did more out and about, unschooling, teach-as-you-go or follow-your-child's-lead montessori type dealio, maybe you could get excited about it again?
The Unschooled Child springs to mind. I know you don't have time to read, but think of it as an investment in your kids' education? Or outsource a schedule (like, get someone else to organize your fall curriculum into a week by week schedule, and all you have to do is follow it and tweak it here or there. it's the organizing that is the worst part...I'm certain you could find someone to pay to do that for you!)
And I LOVE the whipped cream on the high chair tray idea!! Cheerios and raisins only buy me so much time--whipped cream would get me HOURS (well, maybe one hour). I just may have to steal that idea.
HEY! What if you gave DAWN as a school PROJECT the planning and organizing of a curriculum schedule? I'm so full of good ideas. She's old enough now! You could totally get her to do that.
xo.
miss you.
Post a Comment