Friday, September 23, 2011

Motivation

What motivates you?  What makes a person get up every day and keep going?  I recently had a day where I just had no motivation left.  I kept thinking of verses that talk about keeping our eyes on the prize, running the race, etc, but nothing.  I finally had a few moments to think about it and I realized that, in my mind, the prize we are running towards is heaven.  And frankly, I'm not too worried about getting in (no I'm not trying to be arrogant, I just know where I stand with God).  So no motivation there.  Then there's rewards in heaven - crowns, mansions, etc.  None of which I'm interested in.  Now what?  WHAT motivates me?  What has kept me going for all this time to work at my marriage, homeschool my kids, clean my house, make food, etc?

Some of you know me well enough to know the answer.  My husband knew it immediately.  Relationships.  I value real relationships more than anything in this world.  My relationship with Christ, with my husband, with my children, with my friends.  The thought of not obeying what Christ has asked of me would hurt our relationship, so I don't want to do it!

Now, can someone help me with a verse that I can put up to remind me of that motivation?

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I like this verse:
“For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.”