With kids around, even a normal day has very odd and funny moments. Today, as Abigail and I were doing grammar, Josiah kept bugging me. He finally had his head between my knees and I was squeezing his head, just to keep him occupied. At one point he looked up at me and said, "nice butt". Yep. He's 4.
Later, I told the kids I needed 10 minutes of quiet. Just 10 minutes to lay down, read a homeschooling magazine and have silence. Within a couple of minutes, in comes Seth. He cuddles up next to me and says, "Mom, during church they said that if we live with God we will have joy. So why am I always unhappy?" Sigh. This is not a little conversation and it certainly isn't one I can read my magazine and give a "uh huh" kind of answer through. So I put down my magazine and chatted with Seth.
Then there's Liza. Yesterday I said, "aren't you being nice?" And I meant that she was being nice. She said, "Yes. Actually no. I was mean to Siah and to the Arnica." (Arnica is a homeopath and she got into the homeopaths and ate some the other day.)
Abigail looked at me today and said, "Mom, I know what causes bruises." I'm looked at her and said, "O.K.", thinking she's going to tell me how it's internal bleeding... She said, "Falling out of a tree." Very very funny.
So there you have it. A normal day. I'm sure Rebekah said something funny or profound in the last few days too, but my brain cells are dead tonight!
1 comment:
I love this post! Kids are so funny! =0)
Post a Comment