Monday, November 5, 2012

Dyslexia

Since I haven't blogged much in the past year, people who follow this blog (again, all 2 of you), may not know that Seth was diagnosed with dyslexia last year.  He was 8 at the time, still not reading, still writing in all capital letters and obviously just not "getting it" when it came to reading.  I took him to a wonderful lady who does brain training with a twist (she uses a sparker and sparks accupressure points - this probably makes no sense to anyone!).  If you're interested, you can find her at Brain Transformations, Becky Kennard. 

Even with brain training, it has taken a while for Seth to really read WELL.  He is now 9, 3rd grade and reads everything!  He also has taken to spelling things nonstop (which is really cool!). 

Imagine my joy this morning when he brought a small print, New King James Version of the Bible to devotions and wanted to get to read from it (his sisters look up verses and read).  When he read, read VERY well, a verse, I cried.

This is one of those moments as a homeschool mom where I feel like we just might succeed!!!  Thank You God for putting Becky in our lives and giving me the patience to wait for Seth to read!

1 comment: