I am battling strep throat for the third time in the past 6 weeks. The first 2 times I was on antibiotics within 24 hours. This time, I did some reading and I read a couple of things about delaying antibiotic treatment for 48 hours, to let your body work first. I waited 5 days, hoping my body could get rid of this. It can't. So I went in yesterday, had them give me a shot of antibiotics and am now on my 3rd 10 day round of oral antibiotics. They also drew my blood to see if anything else is going on with me - checking my thyroid, doing a CBC, etc. Today, the dr's office called and said that the doctor wants me to come in Friday to discuss my blood test results. Gee, thanks for making me wait. You can imagine how my mind is going now.
Basically, I've been ill off and on since we moved here, it seems. I guess when we first got here it wasn't "sickness", it was pregnancy, but you know, you don't feel well! :-)
I also haven't been telling many people about this round of strep - well, you know, except here on my blog. Which is actually a fairly safe place to put this. Very few people read this blog, so I'm good! Mainly I don't want my mom to know. She worries about me a tad more than I want her to.
5 comments:
Tonya, I am so sorry to hear this! How can you possibly function with being sick for so long?! I will definitely be praying for this appointment. I'm wracking my brain and trying to think of something in your blood that would show why you keep getting strep, and I can't think of anything! I hope the dr. can figure it out. I guess Colorado just doesn't agree with you!
xoxo, feel better soon!!! keep us posted.
Wow, a Dr. visit to discuss the blood work??? That sounds ominous! Praying for you.
I hope you feel better fast! Please let me know how everything is going. I am thinking of you! <3
i'll pray for , let me know how friday goes...if you're body is having trouble fighting infections, your blood work will relect that,... glad you are checking back in with the dr. :)
Post a Comment