Eric's promotion ceremony was Friday. I've been incredibly sick for the last week, so I drugged myself well and went. It was a great time! Packed house - we expected about 70 people, had at least 95. The General spoke and talked about how Eric's career has been pretty bizarre, not following any path he had ever seen, yet he's perfect for his next job. (The General who spoke is Eric's part time boss now and will be his full time boss starting in July.) The General managed to tick me off a bit and gave my mother and Eric's mother a slight heart attack when he said that once you make Colonel you hand over your keys to your life even more to the Air Force. Then he looked at me and said something about how I get to pick up the slack at home. Nice. Real nice. What slack??? Hello?? Thankfully this guy is never in town and won't see that my husband hates to work late. :-) I do anticipate Eric working longer hours, but I'm hoping he can still make it home well before the kids go to bed most nights. The General joked a couple of times about Eric's varied career and how the Air Force had a "plan". :-)
Which led nicely into Eric's talk. He got up and said that he didn't agree with the General's thoughts that maybe the Air Force had a plan. Instead we know that GOD has the plan. Then he outlined several career decisions we made - not with the Air Force plan in mind, but with God's conviction telling us what to do. It was a great talk. I kinda like this guy and am super proud of him! :-)
We had a reception after, which was nice. Left the ceremony to blowing snow! Crazy place. I don't have any pictures yet, but we had a photographer, so I'm hoping we get pictures fairly quickly.
I'm still super sick, so stayed home from church this morning. Had a wonderful time sitting outside in the sun, reading Sally Clarkson's book "Seasons of a Mother's Heart", spent some time in prayer. Ahhhh, great morning so far! If you have never read any of Sally Clarkson's books, I very highly recommend them. They are encouraging, convicting and speak to my soul.
4 comments:
Congratulations, Eric!
What a beautiful testimony to Faith! Think of all who heard Eric's words and how those words might affect how they make decisions in the future. Wow!
What a great segue for Eric! I wish we could have been there to hear it! It will be interesting to see how God leads now!
Hooray! Congratulations to Eric!
Glad to hear that it went so well! Congrats again, Col.
Post a Comment