Friday, November 30, 2007

My Lazy Day

Yep, finally going to try this blog thing. Not sure how much I will write. As I lay in bed last night, composing a blog post to a blog I don't have for the umpteenth time, I decided it was time. So, here it is, the official first blog! :-)

Yesterday afternoon, I was thinking to myself, "man, I've been lazy today!" This is because I let the kids watch a long movie, let them choose their own lunch (ice cream) and had them take rests, while I took a nap! So, I felt lazy. After I thought about it though, I realized that I was anything but lazy. I think that if you usually run through life, when you slow down to walk, it feels very slow and lazy! So, here is what I got done yesterday, on my lazy day:

- Up at 6:30, nurse our "baby" (hard to call him a baby - he's 20 months!)
- Made coffee and pancakes; emptied the dishwasher, straightened the kitchen, started to clean up breakfast dishes
- Got everyone ready for the day, including myself
- Dropped my parents off at the train at 8:30 (they were in town for a week and take the train to the airport)
- Stopped by Michael's on our way home - which included sitting in the parking lot for 15 minutes waiting for them to open
- Let the kids watch Swiss Family Robinson - I did watch part of this with them, but took the laptop in the room and started Christmas shopping
- Took a NAP (Mom will be so proud of me!)
- Got up at 1:30, cleaned up the kitchen, stripped a bed, started laundry
- Made turkey pot pie for supper
- Another load of laundry
- Fed our oldest daughter supper around 4:15, got everyone out the door to take her to gymnastics by 5:00
- Took extra food to friends, since I made too much
- Spent the evening purchasing Christmas gifts online
- Got to bed around 10:30!

So, that is what I think of as a lazy day??? Maybe I need to rethink my definitions. The truth is, it did feel lazy though. Most days I do all that and we do school work and I don't nap!

No comments: